Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Follow Up to to the "Will Whatever's in your cart" post


Hey food fans,

Hope you all had a great memorial day weekend. Something happened to me today that I just had to write about right away.

So I'm going to class today with a plate of Emily's "Black and White Brownies" that I made over the weekend. They're the first dessert I learned how to bake from the book. As I get out of the elevator, a woman who had to be in her late thirties or early forties was walking in and almost ran into me. She says "Oops" as she gets out of the way as I say "Excuse me." But then her eyes find their way to my plate of brownies, to which she then responds with an exotic "Ooooohhhhh!"

So maybe I have found an alternative chick magnet to a dog or a baby.

Oh, by the way, I was announcing a baseball game over the weekend when the same young lady I mentioned in the shopping cart post walked by my booth. Our eyes met and she flashed a smile at me. I blushed. But then again, I had just had one of those brownies, so I was pretty amped up to begin with.

No comments: