Sunday, May 18, 2008

I love LIME, especially spelled backwards (hint hint)


It's really hot these days down in the OC, and what better way to great an Orange County heatwave than with. . .LIME!

Key lime pie to be exact.

Okay, when I first heard about Key Lime Pie, I really wasn't impressed. I mean, how good can a pie made out of LIME taste? I already know how to make good lemon squares, so how could this be so much different?

Well, turns out that this pie is great after a hot and muggy day. Its citrus tart and tang mesh well with a ginger cookie crust and whipped cream on top. Our dear eaters in Florida (I know of at least ONE Floridian who reads this blog) swear by the pie and are somewhat particular about how it should be made. I don't have a lot of fruit desserts in my arsenal, but this one is a great addition for the warm months ahead.

So I thus present to you dear eaters my Key Lime Pie, with the hopes that it just might be able to cool down my rampant spring fever (yeah, that kind=).

Learn how to make it HERE

2 comments:

The Duke of Somerville said...

as the resident floridian, i'll weigh in on this - definitely one of the top desserts out there, although i'm suspicious of any one made north of dade county. it's the sort of thing that - like conch chowder - every local place down there makes a little differently, and it's fun to try the varieties of it. to me probably the most important thing is the consistency; you don't want it to be too gooey or heavy.

DancingChef said...

Hey A-Ron,

Thanks for visiting. And you know, you bring up a great reason to travel this summer. From brats in Wisconsin to cajun in Louisiana, trying out regional cuisine is a great reason to go out and see what's out there for you palate.

It's also fun to see how natives like (or don't like) the way a non-native chef makes another region's cuisine. While friends may love the food, praise from natives is the hardest to get as well as the most rewarding.